AIR BRAKES ONLINE COURSE OVERVIEW
This online Air Brakes course is designed as a refresher and study aid for individuals who will write an Alberta Air Brake knowledge test at a registry. This course is also ideal for individuals or corporations with employees who need air brake refresher training.
The program comes in 4 sections: Sections 1 & 2 represents the full Alberta Curriculum; Section 3 is a set of interactive activities to enhance the learner experience and Section 4 are practice tests. Students are allowed to move back and forth through all the material at will, allowing easy access for individual review topics. The user creates their own experience.
This program can be employed in a number of ways:
1. Understand the cost of driving drowsy
2. As a preview before taking your Alberta Air Brake Program
3. As preparation for your Alberta Air Brake written test (Alberta Registries test after an actual air brake program)
4. As a great review for anyone or any company with employees who require or would like an air brake refresher.
AIR BRAKES ONLINE ASSESSMENT
The FSI Online Air Brake Program is designed as a refresher and study aid for those individuals who are going to be writing their Alberta Air Brake Exam at a registry.
The program has no final exam, but includes sample exams and activities as well.
AIR BRAKES ONLINE CERTIFICATE OF COMPLETION
Upon successful completion of this online course, a certificate of completion will be available for download and printing.
AIR BRAKES ONLINE COURSE DURATION
Approximately 3 hours
AIR BRAKES ONLINE COURSE TOPICS
Section One: Air Brake Curriculum Part 1
2. Air Brake Pretrip
3. Airbrake System Overview
4. Supply System
5. Service System
6. Park Brakes
7. Tractor / Trailer
8. System Failures
Section Two: Air Brake Curriculum Part 2
1. Foundation Brakes and Adjustment
2. Air Operated Disc Brakes
3. Driving Tips
i. On Highways
ii. Pre-hill Inspections
iii. In Town
iv. Runaway Lanes
4. Anti-Lock Braking Systems
5. Automatic Traction Control
Section Three: Activities
1. General Introduction
2. Pretrip Activity
3. Supply System Activity
4. Service System Activity
5. Park Brake Activity
6. Tractor / Trailer Activity
7. System Failure Activity
8. Foundation Brake Activity
This program was developed by Dr. Randy Flemmer who has over 30 years of driver education and fleet safety experience.